Wednesday 4 October 2017

Music makes my world go around

You remember how last year was an unrelenting series of obituaries of people who were legends and each one was a bigger shocker than the last ? Ok so the big one was Bowie and he went in January, so that was pretty major right there. Well, as a radio presenter it meant I played music by a lot of artists who I may well have neglected for years and maybe even forgotten (apart from David B of course). 

This week as I prepared for my new radio show on Radio Lewes I heard on the Today programme that Tom Petty had died. My entire plan for the show changed immediately as I made a new playlist featuring songs by him and all the members of the Traveling Wilburys - the 'supergroup' he was part of with George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne and Bob Dylan. If you haven't heard of them - well, shame on you - have a listen to their solo efforts. 

Tom Petty - Free Fallin'


Geroge Harrison - Got my mind set on you 

Roy Orbison - Oh Pretty Woman 

Jeff Lynne - Don't bring me down

Bob Dylan - Blowin' in the wind

I'll be live on Radio Lewes on Saturday morning with fellow presenter Ben and we'll be continuing the tribute to Tom Petty so do join me if you can: Radio Lewes

And when you're done take a listen to my latest show: Something for the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment