Thursday 8 September 2016

The one where we pretend we are in F-R-I-E-N-D-S

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned that I was an obsessive fan of Friends. There are clues in the titles of blog posts that begin, 'the one where...' and the fact that a fair few of my conversations are peppered with phrases from the show. Hubbie still says, "there's no need to laugh and point,' referring to a line said by Jack Geller way back when. Anyway, at the weekend I went with my sister to Friends Fest which has been going for a while, but it's the first time I've heard of it. You can visit sets from the show, take part in quizzes to win stuff and even get a drink from Central Perk. I enjoyed it more than I expected to actually (I know, damned with faint praise) and took a silly number of photos. 

Opening credits 

Central Perk here I come ! 
Pretending to be Phoebe 


Yep I'm working at Central Perk 

I'm on a break ! 
Joey and Chandler inspired cocktails 
No comment Neo 

Monica's Kitchen 

We watched 'Monica' sing YMCA
I suspect I was one of few people there who watched the show when it first aired in the UK - there were kids there for goodness sake ! It was fun to sit in Joey and Chandler's armchairs, to look through Monica's fridge and to sit in Phoebe's singing spot. The only thing missing was the Rachel haircut I rocked 22 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment