Thursday 28 July 2016

Not just marmalade sandwiches

Amongst all the things I think about during the school holidays is the forward planning I have to do for Brown Bear's birthday. In the past we have always arranged a party for all his classmates and I try to theme it around whichever cake I've decided to make that year. Last year it was all Fireman Sam complete with firehats on the table for all guests. Themed party items are a key part of any celebration for us and I take time to get matching tableware, goody bags and food items.

The lovely folks at Party Bags and Supplies sent us a Paddington themed set which is part of their extensive range of themed party supplies. I was spoilt for choice with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,  Marvel Superheroes and so many other children's characters. I decided on Paddington purely because I loved the goody bag so much. It's designed to look like Paddington's suitcase and contains some lovely bits including sticker, a notepad and pencil and a nametag with thank you printed on it. I spend so much money on the items that go into party bags that this saves a lot of time and trouble as well as being on theme.


The party wear itself is really lovely with themed plates, cups, napkins and tablecloth. I always buy a spare tablecloth as one is never enough and you can buy most pieces in addition to the set. The sets are reasonably priced with most under £20. This set is for 8 places and would do for a small party for Blue Bear later in the year. That is unless he sees the Paw Patrol set and then it's game over !


Children's parties can be so stressful so a one stop shop for all the basics you need is great. They came really well packaged and arrived in good time too so you don't have to worry about rushing out to buy last minute supplies. They don't just do children's themes either, there are teen and adult party supplies including 80's themed, hen party and even a Team GB theme which is very topical right now.
I can't wait to use this party kit and to see the look on my boy's face when he sees it.


Disclosure: The lovely folks at Party Bags and Supplies sent us a Paddington Party pack to write an honest review. 




No comments:

Post a Comment