Friday 10 June 2016

Where is he from ?

Love
Did you get him from an orphanage ?

No Blue Bear lived with foster carers before he joined our family.

Which country is he adopted from ? 

This one - we would not adopt internationally.

Was he badly neglected ?

That is a private matter and one that he can talk about if he chooses to when he is older. 

He seems alright - why was he taken into care ? 

I refer you to the above answer.

Did you meet his family ?

No, we didn't.

Does he call you Mummy ? 

Yes he does. I am his Mummy.

I swear he is a cat !!

Why adoption ?

We talked about adoption when we first met and it was something we agreed on. We always wanted adoption to be part of how our family was formed.

You are so brave to do that.

It's not bravery. It's parenting.

It must be so difficult. 

You have no idea. Some days it feels like the hardest thing I've ever done. Then I remember how my ankles felt when I finished the Moonwalk.

Was it worth it ? 

A million times yes.

I admire you.

Thank you. 

We are family




No comments:

Post a Comment