Sunday 22 May 2016

From stressed to blessed


When I get stressed I'm going to remember I'm blessed.

The crumbs on the carpet indicate that we have plenty to eat.

Toys strewn about the floor tell me that I have children who play and have fun.

My bathroom looking like a swamp reminds me that we have clean, running water inside our home.

Shouting and arguing are the signs that my children are free to express their emotions in a safe space.

Piles of clothes needing to be washed or folded also keep my family warm and dry.

Always having rooms to clean means we have plenty of space to live - if not time to clean it.

It's difficult to see the positives right now, but I'm making a promise to myself to try.

After all, I have so much to be grateful for. 


1 comment:

  1. And when all else fails...when everything has gotten you down...remember this:

    We live on the only planet with wine and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete