Monday 25 May 2015

Keeping up appearances when you have kids running around...

One of the first things that goes to pot when you have kids is all the fancy decor you have as an adult only household. The glass ornaments, the knick knacks from travels and all manner of breakables that have to go into storage - possibly forever - once you have the destructive machines known as toddles in your home. I don't have any expensive housewares on show, but I do like to have pretty things and when I am teaching yoga I like to set the mood by putting away all of the kids' toys and creating a 'yoga space.'
Sitting Buddha £9
I've always used candles and some gentle music, but when the lovely folks at Wilko asked if I'd like to have a look at their Spring Summer 2015 range my eye was immediately drawn to some lovely Eastern inspired pieces. The buddha statues are really lovely and would work inside or outside, but I have them on the window sill so the light catches them. With the garden as background they achieve the 'outside inside' look I've talked about before that epitomises what I want for my home and the spaces where we relax.

Sitting Buddha £9
Another piece I can see being well used is this lamp that takes one tealight and is really pretty with coloured glass panels and ornate metalwork as well as a practical hanging hook at the top so you can use it outside. I love this lantern and it looks like it could have been bought on travels to an exotic location. As we spend so much time outside in the warmer months this would be lovely during the early evenings as the light fades and it gets a little cooler outside. 

Eastern Lantern £18
The Wilko Spring Summer collection is available now in stores nationwide or online here: http://www.wilko.com/home-living/icat/homeliving

Disclosure: The lovely folks at Wilko sent us these time for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment