Wednesday 5 March 2014

A wild walk

I might have mentioned that I'm training for the Moonwalk that takes place in May. This means taking walks while the boy is at nursery or weekends when the boys are at football or shopping. I'm quite enjoying the walking actually as I ponder while I walk and it's giving me a great knowledge of my local area.

This week I was walking back home on the last stretch of a 3 mile walk and I spotted some wild flowers growing alongside the road. At one point there was a carpet of tiny white flowers stretching back along the grass verge virtually hidden away. It was such a lovely surprise and made me smile at the end of a tiring uphill walk.


Strictly speaking it's not my garden, but it's still nature and it's like a secret find when I spot them peeking through the fence with cars and buses whizzing past in the background. There is a rustic charm to these teeny tiny flowers and the fact that they exist on the sidelines makes them all the more special.



This post is part of the epic Mammasaurus' "How Does Your Garden Grow" linky

Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love the everyday sights you can see if you just look down - such pretty Spring flowers! Thanks for joining in and sharing xx

    ReplyDelete